Job Location: Lafayette, IN
Wage: To be discussed during interview
- 3-5 years’ experience in Human Resources and Health and Safety field
- PHR/SRHM-CP preferred
- Grade 12 Education or Equivalent
- College or University education in the field of Human Resources
- Solid understanding of Employment and Safety legislation
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate and interact with all levels of the company
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Must be willing to travel to all TFT locations within the USA and Canada
- Must possess advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Applications
- Criminal background check, Drug Screen and Post Offer Pre-employment physical
- Must maintain absolute confidentiality and remain impartial
- Remain current with best practices, legislative changes and industry standards. Report on best practices including wages, benefits, vacation and all other employment related items
- Advise and assist employees of all levels of the organization, on the interpretation and administration of policies and procedures
- Track attendance weekly and administer corrective action
- Administer all recruitment and selection activities; including creating and posting advertisements, screening resumes, interviewing, creating and issuing job offers and new hire paperwork, arranging medicals, conducting reference and verification checks and administering hiring tests as required
- Deliver training in various formats, using relevant training materials such as handouts while actively seeking ways to improve instruction
- Conduct new hire orientation for all employees
- Maintain all components of Coach: including tracking disciplines, performance reviews, attendance, training and all data entry related items
- Administer employee performance appraisal system including issuing and tracking
- Assist in policy development, implementation, communication and training
- Assist with the benefits program including following up on employee inquiries, distributing benefit cards and collecting new hire paperwork.
- Responsible for internal job posting process including creating and tracking postings, following up with managers on applicants, interviewing, and sending memo’s and accept/decline letters when process is complete
- Assist with Workers Compensation claims management activities
- Assist with TFT’s safety program
- Conduct safety audits of locations at least quarterly to ensure Health and Safety requirements are being met
- Track and graph all safety accidents and incidents for assigned locations
- Maintain and update the Contractor Packages and Clearance Certificates
- Monitor Safety Talks for assigned locations
- Maintain accurate training records for all employees
- Assist on department projects as required
- Adhere to Employment and Safety Federal and State regulations and legislations
- Ensure TFT is in compliance to all Federal and State regulations and legislation as it pertains to employment and health and safety laws
- Ensure company policies and procedures are being followed, as well as all government Regulations, enforcing compliance as required
- Establish, promote and maintain effective and positive relationships will all employees, enhancing Employee Relations
- Support in all HR and/or Health and Safety related items
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require any accommodations.
Apply here today
Apply by emailing email@example.com directly or by filling out the form below.
Fill out the following form to the best of your ability.
Fields marked with an '*' are required.