Job Location: Ontario: Oshawa
Wage: Wages to be discussed during interview process
- Post-Secondary IT education
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) certification preferred
- 5 to 10 years’ direct work experience in an IT support capacity
- No criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted
- Pass company medical
- Valid Driver’s License and vehicle insurance as some local travel is required
- Valid passport is preferred
- Ability to diagnose problems, perform repairs on IT assets, and provide support for a wide range of applications
- Experience with PC/Servers/telecommunications hardware.
- WIFI\RF Scanners
- Microsoft AD, Vmware experience
- Automotive Sequencing and WMS RF Pathways software experience an asset
- Automotive Environment experience an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Server software
- Able to quickly analyze issues and determine best course of action using available resources.
- Knowledge of IT management software tools
- Exceptional multi-tasking abilities and prioritization skills
- Strong customer service mindset
- Team player able to work under pressure
- Self-motivated, effective problem solving, organization and time management skills
- Excellent written, oral, and telephone communication skills
- Able to communicate in user-friendly language
- Delegate tasks as required to IT Support Technicians
- Supervise on-site IT staff
- Perform in-person, on-site repairs of PC desktop hardware, printers, and other peripherals
- Assist PC and network technicians by troubleshooting software, hardware, and network issues
- Where necessary, assist network technicians in installing network interface cards, hubs, switches, network cabling, and so on
- Participate in moves, adds, and changes to network and systems access for new, departing, or promoted/demoted employees
- Prioritize work orders/IT tickets according to severity
- Attend and/or conduct training sessions for end users; create training materials for end users (e.g. FAQ sheets)
- Use IT log entries to pinpoint trends and trouble spots in order to conduct proactive maintenance or repairs
- Always maintain a high degree of professionalism, courteousness, and friendliness
- Resolve end-user IT issues, such as password reset, software questions, PC hardware problems, Internet connectivity, configurations, and so on
- Diagnose and resolve minor network issues (e.g. LAN access)
- Provide one-on-one end-user support and problem resolution via telephone, e-mail, and other vehicles of communication
- Participate as a team member on projects involving servers, databases, applications and infrastructure
- Accurately log work orders/IT tickets and resolutions into IT software management system; maintain vigilant maintenance of this process
- Conduct timely repair of IT equipment covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements
- Compile, maintain, and file all repair records, reports, and other documents as required
- Afterhours support as required
- All other duties as assigned
TFT Global Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Apply here today
Apply by emailing email@example.com directly or by filling out the form below.
Fill out the following form to the best of your ability.
Fields marked with an '*' are required.